incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Licensing for openoffice UNO applications ?
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:00:01 GMT
> My question is whether the change over to the Apache license for openoffice
> means we have to switch over to one of the Apache approved licenses ?

No, no need to switch your license in case of GPL3:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html

"Apache 2 software can therefore be included in GPLv3 projects,
because the GPLv3 license accepts our software into GPLv3 works.
However, GPLv3 software cannot be included in Apache projects. The
licenses are incompatible in one direction only, and it is a result of
ASF's licensing philosophy and the GPLv3 authors' interpretation of
copyright law."

I assume the same for GPL2, but I am not 100% sure