incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Harbison <dpharbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Invitation to speak at TransferSummit
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:29:06 GMT
Ross,

I'm wearing an Apache Hat here.. I'm also wearing an OpenOffice.org Hat
since
I've been involved in the project since 2005. So I have alot of history, if
that's your
concern. One of the aspects of the Apache project that has gotten a fair
amount
of misunderstanding is the relationship of IBM Symphony to OpenOffice, and
now
with Apache OpenOffice. Excluding this POV will not be a service to anyone.
IMHO.
I can wear three hats if you like, and switch them on and off during the
presentation:
OpenOffice.org, Symphony, and Apache OpenOffice. I also know the LibreOffice
people
pretty well from my history with OpenOffice. It would be great to have the
beer/coke/whatever...

...Not sure why I'm disqualified in your view from giving the presentation,
to be honest.

/don