incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Bugzilla or JIRA? (was: Speaking of JIRA, Where's Ours?)
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 19:45:58 GMT
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 12:44, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> There seems to be consensus.
>
> (1) We must somehow preserve the old bugzilla ids.

We can preserve them in a new BZ instance. We can preserve them if we
use JIRA (OOO-1234, for example).

> (2) There is no clear preference on Bugzilla over JIRA.

That is kind of what I'm seeing, too.

If we can wait a week, then I might suggest we wait to get more people
subscribed onto this list. Then we can run a poll to see where
consensus lies.

If anybody has some technical reasons for choosing one over the other,
then that would be great. It would help direct us towards a specific
choice.

> I think that we need to ask the infrastructure team what they think about the situation.

When I asked this 1.5 years ago, Infra said "choose either one.
doesn't matter to us." I believe we simply need to find a way to reach
a choice, then ask them to set it up.

Cheers,
-g