incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: So what about QA?
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 17:20:44 GMT
On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Alexandro Colorado <> wrote:

> I also appreciate these conversations but I get a feeling we are inventing
> the wheel from scratch. Most of the questions regarding QA, Testing,
> Documentation, and such where already documented. So I wonder if the
> questions are originated from thin air or based already on the documented
> process.
> So to put it differently Rob, have you read on the QA processes and then ask
> for specifics, or did you just ask if there was any QA set in place?
> I am just trying to save time explaining every projects function from
> scratch.

Let me explain. We have several three repositories of OpenOffice content:

1) The source code and other asserts that is checked into repositories

2) The pages on the wiki

3) The user forums and mailing lists

4) The bug database

5) Anything that Oracle has, for functions that they performed
themselves, beyond their corporate firewall

At some point, Oracle will unplug the server that is currently hosting This won't happen immediately, but it will happen.

There are project volunteers looking at the product source code and
what is required to bring that over.  We've had discussions on SVN
versus git, and there are discussions about what additional source
files we might need.

I saw zero discussions about QA.  So, I just want to make sure that we
have a good idea what content we need to migrate, and that we have a
plan to do this.

I wanted to find out whether everything we needed to test was public,
or whether there were test cases, test files, automation, etc., that
were not on the public web site.

I also wanted to see if we had sufficient expertise on the list to
make the above migration possible, or whether we needed to recruit
additional volunteers with background in OOo QA.

I see that you've started to add information to this page on the wiki,
listing the things that QA will need migrated.  This is great!

View raw message