incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Build-Translate-Plan
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 12:35:09 GMT
It might be useful to make a distinction between two things:

1) What is needed to have a successful first build?
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Build-Translate-Plan)

2) What is needed to have a successful first release?
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Release-Translate-Plan)

For a first build, I think our main task will be to ensure that we
didn't break anything by moving over from Oracle's servers to Apache
servers.  We want to define a simple set of tests that could be done
after the initial move.  But we would also want to run these tests on
a regular basis,even daily.  At work we call these "smoke tests".  I
don't know what the equivalent name is for OOo.

So what is the easiest test that we can do to verify that localization
is not broken in OOo?

For a public release, this will be much more complicated.

-Rob