incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: So what about QA?
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:58:23 GMT
OK.  It is good that we have some experienced QA experts in the project.

I wonder whether we could start putting together a QA plan the various
milestones, especially what is needed for the 1st release and what is
needed to migrate any QA systems from OpenOffice.org website.

This planning work could go on in parallel to the development work
that is currently going on.

I've started a wiki page for the plan here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Wiki+Home

I've outlined what I think will be required for the QA effort for our
first build.  But I am not an expert in OOo QA.

Could the experts review this page and improve it?

Ditto for:  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Site-QA-Plan
 This is the plan for making sure that we migrate everything that QA
needs from the OpenOffic.org website.

Thanks,

-Rob

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 5:50 AM, Stephan Bergmann
<stephan.bergmann.secondary@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 21, 2011, at 2:07 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>> We've had a lot of discussions from the dev, documentation, education,
>> translation/localization perspectives.  But I haven't really heard
>> anything about testing.
>>
>> Could someone brief us on how QA was handled with OOo?  Was it a
>> community effort?  Or was it done by Sun/Oracle? Was there any test
>> automation?  Or was it manual?  Are there test documents available?
>> Are there unit/pre-integration tests?  Or are they mainly tests of the
>> integrated product?
>
> While the QA team traditionally focused on tests of the integrated product (and Maho
Nakata already detailed that), there are also unit and smoke tests that are intended to be
executed during build and when modifying code, so are probably more considered part of the
development rather than QA area.