incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Subversion history (was: Wiki, SVN, other resources)
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 21:22:01 GMT

On Jun 17, 2011, at 1:12 PM, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 08:55, Jens-Heiner Rechtien <jhrechtien@web.de> wrote:
>> The OOO340 codeline contains the DEV300_m106 tag so OOO340 is definitely
>> branched of DEV300_m106, which is incidentally also the very last milestone
>> we did on DEV300. Using m103 does not make sense at all. But if the grant
>> includes all the "work in progress" in the CWSs we can easily use OOO340m1
>> as staring point, as it just contains a few more recent CWS integrations.
>> It's almost equivalent as to using DEV300 m103 and redoing the latest
>> integrations.
>
> The grant only includes the files that Sam listed. ie. none of the CWSs.
>
> It would be best to specify the exact list of files we need, including
> those from CWSs. Present that final list to Oracle, and go.
>
> Note that we probably want to avoid going back a second time, if at
> all possible. Hauling in Oracle Legal to review our request probably
> won't be very workable (say) next year :-P

We will need to include other item than the repository in this single dip.

- the bugzilla database (certainly)
- user forums (possibly)
- user registrations (anonymized, but important for marketing purposes.)
- user experience data
- ...

Doing so will be to Oracle's benefit as that way they will help heal their rift.