incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Some more strange files in the OOo code
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 12:01:25 GMT

On 21 Jun 2011, at 12:40, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> Simon Phipps wrote:
>> Certainly the code cleanup performed by the LibreOffice developers
>> over the last 9 months has had a huge impact, both in terms of code
>> footprint and performance.
>
> Can you provide any supporting data? Having some "canonical" metrics
> would also help in evaluating the future code rewrite that will have to
> be done at Apache.

Not really, just empirical experience of smaller file sizes and better performance on the
platforms I'm using. I'm not making a party political point here (not being a representative
of any party), just agreeing with the assertion that having the chance to look everything
over results in code cleanup and improvement.

S.