incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [REQUEST] Initial Committers Please Confirm PPMC Participation.
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2011 12:57:38 GMT
Sent from my mobile device (so please excuse typos)

On 25 Jun 2011, at 11:30, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:

> Being on the PPMC also entitles one to a binding vote (on releases etc)

This is true but a release cannot be vetoed, so a binding vote here is of little value. The
purpose of binding votes is that the PMC needs to stat that the ASF is entitled to release
the code under the Apache License v2. A +1 indicates that the individual feels this is the
case and are willing to be state it publicly.

There are a few other procedural items that PMC membership is important. My point was that
not being on the PMC doesn't limit ones ability to participate.

Ross

> Ross Gardler wrote on Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 09:36:54 +0100:
>> It is worth stating, for the benefit o those not eligible to join the PPMC that there
will be no discussion on the private lists other than things that need to remain private.
For example, voting in new committers (private to save embarrassment if a vote fails) or security
bugs.

committer access can begin immediate participation on the PPMC.  Simply subscribe to the private@incubator.apache.org
list using the @apache.org e-mail or the e-mail given on the iCLA.

>>> There are currently 19 committers who have not joined the PPMC.  If you are set
up as a committer and have not subscribed, please do so.

inform the PPMC by e-mail to ooo-private@incubator.apache.org.