incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: Bootstrapping a build
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 02:22:03 GMT

--- On Wed, 6/15/11, Tor Lillqvist <tml@iki.fi> wrote:

> > If not, then where are the FreeBSD and Debian getting
> the code from?
>
> Well, at least Debian got it from OOo, as building OOo/LO
> is the only purpose of dmake in Debian, I think?

On FreeBSD we get dmake from Debian but we don't use it to
build OO or LO. Apparently we build dmake as part of OO.

> > Can't we just use it from there?
>
> For people who build on Debian or derivatives, sure. But
> for other distros, Windows, MacOSX you would need to
> provide dmake packages.

Looking at FreeBSD's LO port, there are some other interesting
dependencies:

Required To Build:
archivers/zip, archivers/unzip, sysutils/coreutils,
devel/patch, shells/bash, archivers/p5-Archive-Zip,
devel/gperf, devel/cppunit, databases/mdbtools,
devel/boost-libs, graphics/vigra, textproc/libxslt,
lang/python27, devel/gmake, x11-toolkits/libXaw,
multimedia/gstreamer-plugins, lang/perl5.8,
devel/automake, devel/autoconf, textproc/intltool,
devel/pkg-config, devel/desktop-file-utils

Required To Run:
lang/python27, x11-toolkits/libXaw,
multimedia/gstreamer-plugins, devel/pkg-config,
devel/desktop-file-utils, devel/gio-fam-backend

Required Libraries:
graphics/cairo, textproc/libxml2, textproc/expat2,
devel/icu, graphics/jpeg, ftp/curl, hungarian/hunspell,
graphics/poppler, textproc/libwpd, graphics/libwpg,
textproc/libwps, textproc/redland, textproc/libtextcat,
math/lp_solve, print/cups-client, graphics/libGL,
graphics/libGLU, databases/db41, accessibility/atk,
devel/glib20, x11-toolkits/gtk20, x11-toolkits/pango

So they actually moved out the GPL stuff that we need
to get rid of too. (cppunit, libwps, hunspell, etc ).

cheers,

Pedro.