incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: OOo source licenses (was: Subversion history)
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:39:45 GMT
Hi Mathias,

Le 20 juin 11 à 11:05, Mathias Bauer a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I moved this and some other lists to the OpenOffice.org wiki:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/ApacheMigration

The most important step is always the first one :-)

Thank you !

> From this page two links point to lists with files that seem to be
> compatible with ASL and with files than seem to be incompatible
> with ASL at first sight.
> On the page itself there is a list of files that I couldn't judge
> at all, I will follow up here later.

Somebody involved with Apache foundation and Oracle legal will
confirm I guess ?

> There is also a list for all external source tarballs that are used
> when building OOo. Some of them are optional and already have
> "configure" switches. They have different licenses. As I
> understood, we don't need to remove code that uses external
> libraries under LGPL if such switches exist and the product still
> runs without using these parts.
> This is a very ugly and very provisorial page

That's no problem for me, and probably a lot of people.

Waiting, I have added the toc + a TODO. Everybody is welcome to
remove it, correct, adapt, change .. and so on.

> - I would like to move that into the Apache Wiki, but I don't have
> a good idea where. So far I can see only the single
> OpenOfficeProposal page and it looks already too long.

In fact, look I'm still searching how to create subpages, lists, and
some other features with Apache wiki.

Regards,
Eric
--