incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Brouwer" <simon.o...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: [discuss] remove of binfilter module
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:42:57 GMT

Christian Lippka schreef:
> Hi all devs,
>
> I know we all wait for the code and the missing contributions from
> Oracle. But no reason to plan ahead.
> One think I like to see is the removal of the binfilter module after the
> code has been contributed.
>
> Reasoning
>
> The binfilter module is a huge set of code duplicated from all
> application modules and various high level
> modules. It's main purpose is to implement load and store of pre xml
> binary document formats
> from the StarOffice era.

Does that include, for example, MS Office .doc and .xls? In that case
removing the binfilter from the standard installation will require many
users to take the trouble of getting the extension.

If it is only about old binary StarOffice formats, then not so many users
would be affected.

--
Vriendelijke groet,

Simon Brouwer