incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <>
Subject RegExp replacement (was Re: Some more strange files in the OOo code)
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 19:39:49 GMT

--- On Thu, 6/23/11, Mathias Bauer <> wrote:

> You are talking about the list of external source tarballs?

Yes, my mailer ate the original reply, sorry.

Anyways ...

I looked at the RegExp stuff, as I promised.

OpenOffice has a C++ interface to GNU regex so Google's
RE2 seemed like a natural fit there. Unfortunately I see
TextSearch::RESrchBkwrd in textsearch.cxx so I assume we
need backreferences. The Re2 website says:

"If you absolutely need backreferences and generalized
assertions, then RE2 is not for you, but you might be
interested in irregexp, Google Chrome's regular expression

irregexp replaced PCRE and is mentioned here:

And the code, integrated in chrome's v8, is here: regex-*

It's also C++ and it's under a BSD license. I couldn't find
it as an independent package so someone that actually knows
well C++ will have to do the fun part. Well, at least it's
much better than writing our own ;-).

View raw message