incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Proposed short term goals
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 19:31:12 GMT
I would suggest waiting a few more hours before proceeding
with this to give people time to subscribe.  Also I'm not
sure gating on infra migration is the best strategy to start
off with.  AIUI Oracle is willing to host the domain throughout
the incubation period, which will provide us with many months
to facilitate a smooth transition.

My primary concern at this point is in getting the codebase
into subversion, as pretty much nothing can happen until
that is underway.  I don't believe that's gating on a grant
or anything else from Oracle, all we need to get going is
an svn dumpfile to load.  (Doing the license header migration
will require an appropriate grant, but that can be done at
any time prior to a release).  If it's as big as I expect it to
be infra may postpone the load until the weekend in order
to minimise the downtime impact on the rest of the ASF.