incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: #ooo-dev IRC channel registration
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 09:35:46 GMT
Hi,

Le 15 juin 11 à 11:26, IngridvdM a écrit :

> Am 15.06.2011 10:24, schrieb Greg Stein:
>> All good. Now we just see how the community wants to organize.
>>

> I would much prefer to use the mailing lists only.
> IRCs have the tendency to continuously exclude those people who are
> working in a different time zone and also those that are not always
> online.

That's true about the time zone, but I'd better consider IRC as
another tool.  IRC is in fact a complementary tool. More precisely we
got :

Mail : asynchroous, not localized
IRC : synchronous, not localized

Makes obvious both are different tools, and IRC  is an important one
too.

e.g.Education Project used to propose ClassRooms (providing the logs
to the -for whatever reason- excluded people), and this wouldn"t
never be possible using mail.

But that's not all, IRC allows to make meetings, or even debug, and
work on the code .. and so on :)

Regards,
Eric Bachard

--