incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: "Some of our contributors" page
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 17:44:01 GMT
As the person who built the initial template from which you took this page. I created it so
that there was somewhere for all initial committers to add their name as a first commit. My
goal was to ensure that everyone tested their commit rights and also had to use the CMS.

How the page is used moving forwards is entirely up to you. I expect other incubating sites
to retire it. In my experience maintaining such a page becomes counter productive to community
building - "why am I not there? Clearly I'm not appreciated". There are many ways of getting
lists of contributors (mailing list, svn, word of mouth, etc.)

It's the projects choice what to do with it.

Ross

Sent from my mobile device (so please excuse typos)