incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: User facing web items
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 18:49:04 GMT
Project websites are a form of official documentation.

We want, but do not require, website content to be Apache
licensed.  We do however require that all website content
be backed by an iCLA.

None of that has anything to do with typical communication
channels like public mailing lists and public forums.  Noone
can possibily claim that their participation on either was based
on the premise that their posts would be kept off the web, unless
some idiotic ToS somehow made them think that.

I prefer we simply respect that such postings remain
in posession of their respective authors, that our
license to said works is limited to performing the
basic essentials of maintaining their public availability,
and if we'd like to republish their words in a different context,
like on a project website or in end-user documentation, that we
simply ask for the necessary permission to do so by seeking an iCLA.