incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suarez-Potts <lsuarezpo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we rationalize and formalize "a language project"?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 19:20:10 GMT

On 2011-06-17, at 15:14 , Ian Lynch wrote:

> But wouldn't that also be true of key marketing discussions too?

Yes. Nothing is perfect. But that's also why we created the com@native-language list, and
why I constantly tried to braid discussions into some semblance of coherence. But there is
always loss, there is always entropy, and there is always its local reversal, which, when
compiled, can make things run quite nicely.

I'm all for improvements. I'm also all for productive local engagement. Not everything need
be monolithic. But having a coherent message—which I tried simplifying and articulating
at the last (last?) OOoCon, is absolutely essential.

Louis