incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rolf Eder <e...@herrmannsdorfer.de>
Subject Re: Introduction
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 08:25:38 GMT
Am 27.06.2011 um 09:35 schrieb Raphael Bircher:

> Thanks for introduce your self here on the list. Maybe you can join the de list too.

Hi Raphael,

does that make sense? de-qa seems dead (last msg in apr) and de-dev dies slowly (current issue
is a long thread about OOo vs LO).

I followed LO and thought about joining the TDF but in my summary their move was politically
motivated. I'm not interested in joining historical bashing but I am looking forward in the
evolution of OOo. It's a pity OOo as a project is jeopardized by a struggle about license
agreements but I can live with Apache and will support this fork. Of course I would welcome
if both projects would merge.

Speaking from a companies point of view: You cannot change your operating environment by every
development movement - even if you are strong supporter of open source. That will drive your
users crazy and doubles your effort and costs. Office software is based on long-term considerations.

Enough with politics, please.

;-)

> Greetings Raphael
>
> Am 27.06.11 08:12, schrieb Rolf Eder:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I like to introduce my self. My name is Rolf Eder (reder at apache.org). I have professional
experience with OpenOffice.org since 2007. I was and I am responsible for transition away
from MS Office, roll-out and support for +50 clients in our company (WinXP and Mac OS with
OOo 3.3).

>> My main focus is integration of OOo in ERP system workflows, development of Base
dbs for office use, macro programming, design of templates for office use etc.

>> I am willing to volunteer for the QA team (German and/or English). Sorry, no real-world
dev skills. My FORTRAN know-how back from university work won't count here I presume :-)

--
Rolf Eder
EDV-Leiter

Amtsgericht München HRA 81612; persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin:
Beteiligungsgesellschaft Karl Schweisfurth mbH, 85625 Glonn,
Amtsgericht München HRB 159629, Geschäftsführer: Karl Schweisfurth

Tel. 08093-9094-37, mobil 01511-6787500
edv@herrmannsdorfer.de
HERRMANNSDORFER - "Handgemachte Lebens-Mittel in Ökologischer Qualität"