incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Community and Developer Wikis Now Available
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:46:12 GMT

On Jun 21, 2011, at 5:41 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Announcement - two confluence wikis are now available for the Apache OpenOffice.org
project.

>> The Apache OpenOffice.org Community Wiki is at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/
>>
>> The Apache OpenOffice.org Developers Wiki is at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOODEV/
>>

> Excellent.  Thanks, Dave!

You're welcome, Rob! My pleasure.

>> Anonymous viewing is allowed.
>>
>> In order to create content sign up for a confluence wiki account at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/signup.action
>>
>> If you have an apache.org email address it is easiest for us for you to use it for
the wiki.

>> The Community wiki is for everyone.
>>
>> The Developers wiki is for project planning and documentation. Permission to create
content must be limited to the Podling PMC, OOo committers, Foundation Members, and those
who have signed an ICLA (http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt). To be authorized, once
you have signed up for the wiki, please request access rights by replying to this email with
your ID.

> I'd like to consider whether the  Community Wiki might work better for
> project planning.  I certainly see the requirement that documentation
> be created by those who have signed the iCLA, especially documentation
> which is included in a release.  That is called out on the CWIKI FAQs
> [1]
>
> "the touch point is whether you want to reserve the right to bundle
> the documentation with a release and/or check a copy into an ASF
> repository"
>
> Although documentation certainly falls into that category, I don't see
> why project planning does.  In fact, as we trying to coordinate the
> migration of the OpenOffice.org website, I think we'll need to
> coordinate with various groups, not all of whom are committers, and
> some of which are still evaluating whether they will join the project
> or continue their work elsewhere.  So I think that for the near term
> at least, such project planning is best done in a space where anyone
> can participate.  Since these plans do not get checked into SVN, or
> become part of the release, I don't see how this could be a problem,

This was my sense and how I took Eric's comment. I did move over a page. [2]

Raphael created [3] which is similar both with this link [4].

I certainly think that the home page language on both wikis can be improved. Please feel free.
It looks like my day job is calling for my attention today.

Regards,
Dave

[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Transition+Planning
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOODEV/Migration+from+Kenai+to+Apache