incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Top level question on website migration
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:54:09 GMT
----- Original Message ----

I think
   Social.

get

So
>www.apache.orgwhich

>center
> >>>

> >> Well I have ran main  websites  for  projects for while, and I have missed
> >> this  functionality many  times. We also were very frustrated with
>Collbanet
> >> and other structures  asking for true dynamic  platform.
> >
> > So far the only person I see expressing frustration  over the situation is
>you.
> > If there ever comes a time that a sufficient  number of OOo committers can
> > demonstrate
> > some ability to  maintain and operate a dynamic website that isn't riddled
>with
> > chronic  security flaws, infra will be more than happy to setup a
>jail/virtual os
> >  for you to use as you see fit.  In the meantime I suggest you learn to make

> > proper
> > use of the CMS.
>
> Joe, thanks for setting the bar.  It might be high, but I agree that if we
>(AOOo)
> decides that we need to have a  dynamic website as some type of support hub
>that
> we have a big task that  requires careful design and implementation.

... and periodic software maintenance.

> If we had a webapps that sits  on Tomcat would that help lower the bar, if only
>slightly?

No, that has nothing to do with it.  Either the devs know how to write web-safe
apps
or they don't.  apache.org sites carry a big bullseye on them from a script
kiddie's
standpoint, and the last time we were rooted the exploit vector was an XSS vuln
in jira.