incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: User facing web items
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 14:56:34 GMT

On 18 Jun 2011, at 15:31, Andy Brown <> wrote:

> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> If (and that's a big if) infra are willing to host software for you the license is
not an issue. We won't distribute incompatibly licensed software it but we use it. The rules
are to make sure users can do what ever they want with our software, when it comes to support
for developers you'll find the ASF to be very pragmatic.
>> Ross
> Hi Ross,
> This is not about support for developers it is for users.

The developers/contributors support users.

The point still stands. The ASF will consider hosting software under any licence for it's
projects. The limitation is resources not license.

> Andy

View raw message