incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: OOo source licenses (was: Subversion history)
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:19:57 GMT
Hi -

The Apache Confluence Wiki Spaces for OOo were created last night. I've got a couple of admin
steps to do. I'll have an announcement in 5 hours.

Regards,
Dave

On Jun 20, 2011, at 4:39 AM, eric b wrote:

> Hi Mathias,
>
> Le 20 juin 11 à 11:05, Mathias Bauer a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I moved this and some other lists to the OpenOffice.org wiki:
>>
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/ApacheMigration
>>

> The most important step is always the first one :-)
>

> Thank you !
>

>> From this page two links point to lists with files that seem to be compatible with
ASL and with files than seem to be incompatible with ASL at first sight.
>> On the page itself there is a list of files that I couldn't judge at all, I will
follow up here later.

> Somebody involved with Apache foundation and Oracle legal will confirm I guess ?
>

>> There is also a list for all external source tarballs that are used when building
OOo. Some of them are optional and already have "configure" switches. They have different
licenses. As I understood, we don't need to remove code that uses external libraries under
LGPL if such switches exist and the product still runs without using these parts.
>> This is a very ugly and very provisorial page
>>

> That's no problem for me, and probably a lot of people.
>

> Waiting, I have added the toc + a TODO. Everybody is welcome to remove it, correct, adapt,
change .. and so on.

>> - I would like to move that into the Apache Wiki, but I don't have a good idea where.
So far I can see only the single OpenOfficeProposal page and it looks already too long.