incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Sending Wiki Notifications to Mailing Lists
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 00:26:19 GMT
At the Apache Software Foundation everything should happen on a public mailing list. [1]

Since the wikis are not mailing lists we need take advantage of confluences ability to email
notifications. This will make Wiki changes transparent to the whole community. [2]

There are two options. An email with every change or a daily digest.

For the Community Forum (OOOUSER) I propose that a daily digest be sent to ooo-dev@incubator.a.o.

For the Developer Forum (OOODEV) I propose sending an email with every change to ooo-commits@incubator.a.o.

Lazy Consensus [3] will apply.

In consideration of our world wide audience I'll wait at least 36 hours before asking Infrastructure
and the Incubator to help implement a wiki to email policy. It can be a different policy.

Regards,
Dave

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/lists.html