incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Publishing changed websit at apache
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 01:51:50 GMT
----- Original Message ----

ASF
>are still  transitioning). See http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#publishing
> >>
> >> Does that mean I should run 'http://s.apache.org/cms-cli' after  committing

>the change and buildbot has committed the html?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Carl
> >>
> > Sorry, I found this  in another thread.
> >
> >  http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-site.html#command_line
>
> That's the correct  last step in changing the site. I followed the second
>choice and used my  people.a.o account. I've had it for a few years.
>
> ssh -t  <user>@people.apache.org publish.pl www  <user>
                                             ^^^
That is the project name in the CMS.  If you use "www" you
will be attempting to publish the www.apache.org site.
You need to use "openofficeorg" to publish to
incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg.

The script works for every site based in the CMS, so
specifying the proper project name is rather important.

FWIW every committer has permission to commit to the www.apache.org
site, but only infrastructure people and Apache members
may publish (ie use the script).

IOW you do not need to ask anyone's permission to commit to www.
However publishing, via the script or via the CMS webgui, is a
separate matter.