incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Brown <a...@the-martin-byrd.net>
Subject Re: How do I get an Apache ID for OOo?
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 15:49:20 GMT
Ted Rolle, Jr. wrote:
> I'd like to participate in the OOo project.
> I'm a programmer and documentation editor.
>
> Ted

A person does not request an id.  Anyone can contribute to OOo by
sending patches to code or the web sites to this list.  When the
committers see the patches they include them in the proper location.
After review of the contributions the PPMC/Committers have the option to
invite the person to be a committer.  If the person accepts the
invitation they are then allowed to select the user id and then make
direct commits to the code/web site.  The exception to the id
requirement is on the ooousers wiki page where anyone can sign up and
make additions or changes.

HTH
Andy