incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kai Ahrens <kahr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some more strange files in the OOo code
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 07:47:01 GMT
Hi,

Am 29.06.2011 23:05, schrieb Pedro F. Giffuni:
> Hi again;
>
> I went through Mathias' list of external source tarballs.
> The idea is to make sure that most of that stuff was updated
> in FreeBSD and while doing that I checked the licenses.
>
> I found the following licenses missing from the
> "ApacheMigration" list in the OOo wiki:
>
> Name			Version	license
> __________
> gdk-pixbuf		2.23.5	LGPL
> gettext			1.18.1	LGPL
> pixman			0.22.0	MIT?
> ===
> libgsf			1.14.21

All above mentioned libs/modules as well as the following
ones have been introduced for the OOO340 release branch in order to get
SVG support based on librsvg:

libpng-1.5.1
glib-2.28.1
pango-1.28.3
libcroco-0.6.2
librsvg-2.32.1

The modules itself just contain the necessary patches to build and pack
those external libs during an OOo build.

As already said, the first ASF release of OOo wont't rely on librsvg
anymore, but most probably will use 'Apache Batik' as rendering backend
for SVG content. Since there's no build dependency and even no static
runtime dependency to librsvg (and in consequence to the other libs),
the above mentioned libs/modules should be removed from the ASF sources
of OOo.

Office will still be running after the removal, but will lack SVG
support until the new Batik based backend will be available.

Regards
Kai