incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Preserving Legacy Content
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 00:08:59 GMT

On 6/28/2011 7:39 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> Were you able to get a copy of the zone file?
>
> Is there an Oracle web admin contact that we should be going to for
> request like this?
>
> It would be good to have a single contact point at Oracle, and a
> single contact point for the project, for requests like this to flow
> through.  Or at least a well-understood list of people.
>
> I'm thinking of security here.  I don't think we should expect Oracle
> to hunt through the mailAlias.txt and committer and IPMC lists to see
> if an email request is actually from the project.
>
> Andrew, does this make sense?  I think this is one of a list similar
> admin requests that will be coming your way, from doing database
> dumps, to setting up redirects, etc.  We need a way to get these
> requests and their status documented.   JIRA or Bugzilla would be
> idea, but we don't have that set up yet, since we'll need some Oracle
> admin help moving the OOo bugzilla database over.  So a chicken and
> egg problem.
I am a good initial contact for stuff like this.  Availability will
obviously be gated by licensing and security/privacy considerations.
For stuff like the translations and the bugzilla content, I have backups
and we can create current snapshots.
For much of this we can move first and solve SGA second (similar to the
source code).

Andrew