incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: OpenOffice project interest in South Africa?
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 21:57:55 GMT
Am 06/29/2011 11:08 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> Just noticed that we had project members from North America, South
> America, Europe,  Asia  and Australia. So 5 of 7 continents.
>
> I have doubts that we'll get anyone from Antarctica.

Come on, don't exclude them before they had a chance to spoke up via
their connection by bell wire. :-P

> But I thought there was strong interest in OpenOffice in South Africa,
> especially with their many official languages.  Does anyone have any
> contacts there? We should reach out and make sure that they are
> included in our community.

The offical contact for en-ZA is "Dwayne Bailey". At least he is still
listed here:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Languages

Furthermore, we had contact to Friedel Wolff from "translate.org.za" who
has helped us to setup a new pootle server for our "Continuous L10N
Integration" project:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/NewPootleServer

Maybe it's worth to restart the contacts.

Marcus