incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Build-Translate-Plan
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 13:11:43 GMT
Right. Maybe we should split this into 2 parts:

1. The very first build(s) to handle fixes for build breaker:
IMHO here it should be enough to have en-US only

2. If this is done the next builds can be also used for looking into the
localizations.

We had the following set of languages for our developer milestones
(DEV300 and OOO340):
- English (US) as master language
- German due to historical reasons and we had the most testers here
- French for the same reason IMHO and long strings
- Japanese due the CJK characters and to test RTL writing
- Russian due to Cyrillic charachters
- Arabic due to the characters and to test bidi writing

So, we could stick with this (or maybe exchange the one or other
language if is no volunteer to test at the moments, maybe French -->
Brazilian-Portuguese ?).

---

3. Tests for release builds are out of scope at the moment, but more
language tests the better.

BTW:
We have also smoke tests. If I'm not wrong these should be included in
the source code.

Marcus