incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Reizinger Zoltán <zreizin...@hdsnet.hu>
Subject Re: Getting to our first build
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:53:28 GMT
2011.06.29. 12:23 keltezéssel, Michael Stahl írta:
> On 29.06.2011 11:58, Greg Stein wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 04:26, Mathias Bauer<Mathias_Bauer@gmx.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Did you clone the repo at
>>>
>>> http://hg.services.openoffice.org/OOO340?
>>>
>>> This is the one we should use.
>>
>> As you can see from the script, it is designed around DEV300.
>>
>> I thought we wanted the latest development branch?
>
> actually no CWS was integrated on the development DEV300 after the
> release OOO340 was branched off, while on OOO340 release relevant
> CWSes were integrated.
> so OOO340 contains the latest and greatest stuff.
>
>>> Pulling the CWS should be faster: create a local clone of your
>>> existing repo
>>> for each cws and pull from the CWS repro at hg.services.ooo. This
>>> will pull
>>> only the change sets not in your local repo and create a second head
>>> revision in it. This revision could be moved over to svn or you
>>> could create
>>> a patch from it against whatever version that is on the hg repo.
>>
>> Ah! That's and awesome improvement. Thanks. I'll incorporate that into
>> the scripting.
>>
>> I don't think we want patches. I continue to believe we want a single
>> Hg repository with "everything", and we convert that to Subversion,
>> and then load it into svn.apache.org.
>
> if it is possible to convert HG heads to SVN branches, that would be
> the way to go.
>
> i still think it makes sense to go a step further and actually merge
> all finished CWSes into OOO340 using HG first, because that is by far
> the easiest way and doesn't have any technical pitfalls.

This will not good in database part of OOo, the cws hsqldb19 finished
and waits for dev300 integration toward OOo 3.5.
it is contain hsqldb 2.x.x database engine which is incompatible
(convert all data into new version whic is not reversable) to presently
used 1.8.0.10 version. Then the new version file opens in older version
of OOo, but not usable, warning came up to use newer version of OOo.
If you merge it it will cause mess.
The using merging cws hsqldb needs to discussed in project in later
time. It is cause incompatibilities, but the hsqldb 2.x.x has more
features which is good for database users.
Zoltan