incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Getting to our first build
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 08:55:43 GMT
On 27.06.2011 22:06, Rob Weir wrote:
> I think one approach would be to start with everything, which should
> presumably build, and then subtract.  So check in everything from OOo
> into SVN, verify that it builds.  That establishes a known state.
> Then verify the IP.  Maybe use SVN properties to tag the files that
> were covered by Oracle's SGA.  Anything not tagged needs to be
> investigated.  Some things lead to requests for amending the Oracle
> SGA. When we get those, we indicate so in an SVN property.  Some
> things will be GPL/LPGL.  These get also get tagged with properties
> before being deleted.  We continue to iterate until all files
> remaining in the repository have a property indicating that we've
> proven their provenance. Ideally, as things are removed, we do so in a
> way that we can always still build.  So we start in a well-defined
> state and stay in a well-defined state.

I can't judge whether this approach is feasible. If it is, I can provide
information about IP from a developers POV. The files that definitely
are not owned by Oracle are already listed in the OOo wiki. I tend to
assume that all other files are under Oracle's copyright until stated
otherwise. But again, I can't judge whether we can go this way.

Regards,
Mathias