incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Request for permission to use the OOo Trademark (was: Teams and Leads)
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 01:10:54 GMT
Just in case other folks missed the tie-in between the different
threads:  branding and trademark policy for all Apache projects is
handled on the privately archived trademarks@apache.org mailing list.
Apache policy is set by the VP, Brand Management and the associated
officer's committee, and implementation of the policy details is left up
to each project's (P)PMC.

Sam pointed to the main trademark policy document below; at some point
once this project has more of the website migrated to Apache
infrastructure, folks will want to review the Apache Project Branding
Requirements for things that need to be on the project website.

   http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs

So the decision on licensing Apache marks for things like certification
is made between the VP, Brand Management and the project's (P)PMC.  Note
that we have specific policies for domains and events, and I believe the
ASF will need to further codify and document policies for services and
third party certifications in the future.

Note also that Oracle's intent is indeed to assign all OOo related
trademarks to the ASF, although the legal paperwork is not yet complete.
  Thus, we can't actually license any uses of the OOo marks quite yet.  8-)

- Shane