incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <a...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Top level question on email@openoffice.org account migration
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 14:04:58 GMT
Along with the many other migration points, a critical question will be
what we do with existing openoffice.org email addresses.

- Does anyone know roughly how many oo.o email addresses are currently
active?

- Do you get full mailbox support on the oo.o server currently, or are
they just forwarding addresses?  (Note that @apache.org committer
accounts are mostly just .forwards at the moment, see [1] for more info
on how current @a.o email works).

- My personal suggestion would be to keep the existing accounts (since
there are plenty of past OOo contributors who probably count on them!),
but not allow any new accounts until at least when the project graduates
to top level.

But that's just a suggestion, it's up for the project to decide (and to
work with the Apache infrastructure team to determine what can be
supported!)

I added this to the Transition Planning Community wiki page [2], which I
(think?) is the overall coordination place for the transition work from
Oracle servers to Apache servers.

- Shane

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html#mail
[2]