incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dick Groskamp <th.grosk...@quicknet.nl>
Subject Re: Contributors versus Committers versus PMC members - AND USERS
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2011 17:46:03 GMT
Op 25-6-2011 18:36, Rob Weir schreef:
> I hope you don't get that impression. Language is one cross-cutting
> [snip]
> I understand that when it comes to the translation of individual UI
> strings, that the discussion then becomes very narrow and specialized
> and that this will not be of interest to everyone.  But that is no
> different than a discussion that is only relevant to 64bit Windows.
>
>> I don't think we should hold a gun to people's head to join a ML that they
>> might not be interested on the first place. Even if it's just to request a
>> new one.
Well, I can only talk for Dutch OOo community but this is how it worked
in the past for us.

We had a userlist inside nl.openoffice.org where all was discussed
on/about localisation  ( level of Native Language)

If we found issues or problems we couldn't realize within that area, we
went over to the userllist L10n from OOo  (worldwide level)

On the L10n all issues from all NLC came together but they merely
concerned localization as is.
It were more technical discussions and issues that arose during
translations. (like for instance adjustments to GUI if a string was too
long)

On L10n we also monitored status of translations and work to come and so
forth.

So in our case it was more a two step ladder, keeping small issues on
low level and the rest up to L10n

--
DiGro

Windows 7 and OpenOffice.org 3.3
Scanned with Ziggo uitgebreide Internetbeveiliging (F-Secure)