incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Brown <>
Subject Re: Contributors versus Committers versus PMC members - AND USERS
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 21:57:55 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:

> Does anyone see a difference other than the obvious difference of
> technology, between the OOo user list and the forums?  Are they being
> used for different kinds of things?  Or are they just different ways
> of doing the same things?
> -Rob

There is a big difference from the users stand point.  If you want to
see how "hot" this topic can get go to [1] and search for  forum  .  As
an individual I prefer mailing list but I understand why some prefer
forums.  For those that do not have high speed connections forums are a
bandwidth hog.  The disadvantage to a mailing list is most of the time
you have to be subscribed or you may miss replies to your question and
makes it hard to follow up as needed.

For my part we need and can support both.

View raw message