incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Brown <a...@the-martin-byrd.net>
Subject Re: Contributors versus Committers versus PMC members - AND USERS
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 21:57:55 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:

> Does anyone see a difference other than the obvious difference of
> technology, between the OOo user list and the forums?  Are they being
> used for different kinds of things?  Or are they just different ways
> of doing the same things?
>
> -Rob

There is a big difference from the users stand point.  If you want to
see how "hot" this topic can get go to [1] and search for  forum  .  As
an individual I prefer mailing list but I understand why some prefer
forums.  For those that do not have high speed connections forums are a
bandwidth hog.  The disadvantage to a mailing list is most of the time
you have to be subscribed or you may miss replies to your question and
makes it hard to follow up as needed.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/discuss@documentfoundation.org/

For my part we need and can support both.

Andy