incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <r.birc...@gmx.ch>
Subject Introduction
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 07:42:18 GMT
Hi at all

My name is Raphael Bircher and living in Switzerland. The moast of the
peoples knows me already. I'm in the OOo Community since the End 2005. I
doing QA, Web Stuff, and sametimes I try to do a little bit coding. I've
all teached myself, programming experiences and also my bad developer
english (without OOo I think I had never learned english). My work for
OOo was:

  - Help by the release QA for the german NLC
  - Bughunting, IssueTracker cleaning
  - QA for Mac during and after Aqua porting
  - Automated Testing
  - QA the Mac OS X Langpacks
  - Mentoring new peoples in QA
  - QA and scripting for the OOo Website
  - Evaluate problems depended to the Kenai migration.
  - Dedecting wrong subscribe links during the kenai migration with a
script (over 30'000 pages checked)
  - A portable OpenOffice.org for Mac (never published)

Non tecnical stuff
  - New Member recruting (same of the hardest jobs at OpenOffice.org)
  - Particip at souveral Events (at the moment no time, see below)
  - initial and founding Member of OpenOffice.org Switzerland (now
saffos swiss assossiacion for free and fair software solutions) I'm no
longer member of this assossiacion, but I have contact to it.

Work at the moment
  - Helping by the migration to Apache
  - 64 bit Version of OOo for Mac

And if sameone believe, that my live is filled with OpenOffice.org only,
then you are wrong. I have a much bigger passion as OpenOffice.org. It's
Sport. I have had many difficult time in my live. I was born with a
strong physical handicap called ICP, I had cancer in the year 2005/2006,
but nothing of this things blocks me out in sport. My main sport is
floorball, this is a hockey sport wich is realy popular in Sweeden
Finland Czach Rebublik and Switzerland. I play it for about 20 years
now. But sport is for me much more then fun, it's a way of therapy for
my handicap and it's a good way to show the people that much mor is
possible as you expect. I train 6 times per week and sametimes more.
This is the reason why I have not the time to particip at events for
OOo. I hope you can respect this. For all who want to see me play, I
have a video on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBx08dH1Sj0)

Back to OOo, what's my reason to particip on it. Because of the sport
and also because social assurance issue it's not easy for me to work for
money (in this case Switzerland is a complicate and same times paradox
Country). But I can't only sit here, and wait for the next training. I
have to do samething in the free time, and I like to do same thing that
is usfull for all. I think OpenOffice.org is a good thing to du this.
The work on the computer is a good alternation to the hard work on the
sportfield. Also I want to keep open the door to the world of IT, even I
don't know if I would work as professional IT in future. I tend more to
going direction motivation & coaching, sport coach or samething like that.

Anyway, the next five years I will make sport, and that's my first
priority. In this time I will also particip to OOo. We had a realy hard
time at our project, and sametimes it realy hurt wat's going on the last
12 month. Now we see a light and I realy hope that we take the chance.

I want to finish my introduction with a little philosophical quote from
myself. This quote I said as I was in the hospital with cancer and a
survey chance between 30 and 50 %.

"Im grössten Tief ist der Anfang deines grössten Hochs, du wächst mit
den negativen und nicht mit den positiven Momenten"

Translation to english
"In the deepest deep is the beginning of your biggest heighlight, you
growing up with the bad and not with the good things."

Greetings Raphael