incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: OOo source licenses (was: Subversion history)
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 13:51:48 GMT
On 20.06.2011 12:34, Mathias Bauer wrote:
> On 20.06.2011 12:22, Martin Hollmichel wrote:
>
>> I also started updating
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/External/Modules, I'll add
>> there the version used, compile-/build-/run- dependency and where used
>> in the product or build process. I suggest to use the
>
> Cool! I will remove my list.

I changed my mind.

The wiki page about external modules contains a lot of outdated stuff we
don't use anymore since years.

I still think that the current external tarball repository is what we
should look at.

I sorted the list containing the most current snapshot at

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/ApacheMigratio

and added license information that could easily extracted from the
tarballs. I don't know if some of the sources are also available under
other licenses, but we can check that when we look on the problematic
modules.

There are still some gaps to fill. So if someone happens to know
something about the missing bits, please edit.

A lot of licenses just state that you can do with the source what you
see fit, provided that you keep the license file. That's what I named
"permissive" in the table.

Some of the LGPL libraries are from Pentaho (as shown in the table).
AFAIK they are used for the Sun Report Builder extension only. If I'm
right about that we can look at that later.

Regards,
Mathias