incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From tora - Takamichi Akiyama <t...@openoffice.org>
Subject Introduction
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 12:09:40 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to introduce myself, too. I'm Takamichi Akiyama from Japan.

I transferred to Sun Microsystems in 1999 with 8 year work experience in
telephone exchange system. In Sun I was in charge of StarOffice development
from 2000 to 2003 with colleges in Beijing, Seoul, India, California, not to
mention, people in Hamburg. My area was especially for North East Asian culture
such as vertical writing, grid layout, i18n, l10n, as well as quality assurance,
translating documents, UI, and online help.

Because of focusing on Asian culture and being a UNIX lover from SunOS, I am
highly interested in sw, sc, vcl, sal, i18npool, and relevant modules such as
svx, sfx2, tools, framework, ... and am eager to help system-wide performance
improvement with OpenOffice.org.

I use C, C++, Perl, Ruby, XSLT, PHP, JavaScript, OpenOffice.org BASIC, ...
As you might notice, I am not very familiar with Windows, though.

After quitting Sun, I moved to Berkeley, California in the US to learn English,
met people there, and started Capoeira, Brazilian martial arts, as my life-time
activity.

With invaluable treasures from the US, I came back to Japan and started my own
business as self-employed to technically support OpenOffice.org users by providing
patches for their special needs and/or bugs. Through such efforts I have been
successfully contributing to the OpenOffice.org project for nearly decade.

Best regards,
Tora

---
Nickname: Tora
Real name: Takamichi Akiyama
Co-Lead of mirror subproject at the former OpenOffice.org
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Tora