incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dick Groskamp <th.grosk...@quicknet.nl>
Subject Re: Consequences of Working in Office Documents Here
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:39:01 GMT
Op 22-6-2011 8:06, Dennis E. Hamilton schreef:
> Perhaps this is too hypothetical.
>
> I would like to hear from non-developer members of ooo-Dev who want to contribute, and
what the nature of the envisioned contribution is.  Maybe some concrete use cases can clear
this up for all of us.

>   - Dennis
OK, I'll give it a shot. Hoping it might help shining some light on things.
       I'm already a bit lost in this world ( I'm probably on Mars now,
but want to be on Venus)

I was involved in translating the English on line Help from OOo into Dutch.
We started in about 2002 and made a 100% level of translation throughout
2011.

Even for OOo 3.4 we had an 100% translation.
Worked through POOTLE-server where the translated files were processed
by developers into the build.

OOo was build in about 8 lanuagues that were supproted by SUNB/Oracle.
Dutch was one of them.

Besides that I and others translated the work from OOoAuthors (now
ODFAuthors) from English to Dutch and
placed it on the wiki.services.openoffice.org

I also translated online Help subjects (for instance the functions in
Calc) and placed them on the Dutch wiki of OOo.
Summary of Calc-functions into Dutch
<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/NL/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_Functies_gesorteerd_per_categorie>

Also other translations made it to the wiki.

We worked in the Documentation branch of the OOo-wiki, where
Documentation was separated into branches for each language
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/NL/Documentation
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/NL/Documentation/How_Tos

So theise ( online Help and wiki) will be my main controbution to OOo,
But right now I am totally lost.
I have no idea how to proceed. I am NOT and will NEVER be a developer
for code to make OOo run , probably not even in the smallest way.
I do do not have the skills for that.

The only thing that will make it to OOo are the translations from the
online Help, IF Dutch is build in, as it was before.

--
DiGro

Windows 7 and OpenOffice.org 3.3
Scanned with Ziggo uitgebreide Internetbeveiliging (F-Secure)