incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Licensing odma.h (was RE: Some more strange files in the OOo code - the Ghost of ODMA Past)
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:09:10 GMT
Hi Dennis,

On 22.06.2011 04:20, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> The ODMA Support showed up in the Novell editions of OpenOffice.org.
>
> I don't think the copyright notice in odma.h should be a problem.
> What is missing is any additional information about the license.
> Also not sure why you need it if there is no code that uses it in the
> base distribution.
>
> If you want, I am sure I can make an updated version of the file,
> clear it with Betsy Fanning at AIIM (although that BSD-style license
> is meant to apply to all current code), and post an updated odma.h on
> the web site.
>
> Is that useful or would I be wasting my time?
 From the view of the "old" OOo project ODMA integration is not built,
but at least a downstream version of OOo is using it. So we should not
drop it. Thus enabling us to use a "clean" header would be appreciated.

My suggestion is as follows: we don't need to wait for odma.h, for the
time being we just don't take it with us. If you provide us with a file
with a suitable license, we can add it later.

Regards,
Mathias