incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Rajda <melloned...@gmail.com>
Subject New goals for OOo
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 22:25:48 GMT
Good evening,

All write this to other mailing-list as response to mail from Key
Schenk. I wan't discus this with You and back to OOo development. What
You think about that?

Last changes in infrastructure (Oracle, LibreOffice etc.) needs from us
new goals to create reborn release of OOo. I have some ideas and proposals.

1. Easy structure:
- one page in native languages (auto-detect language, use right strings)
- one repository for code (if somebody can commit, they can do something
for whole source code, one method, without individual keys)
- one bug-tracker for any language with bugs merging (developers who
know english and navive lang should merge bug reports.)
- one code, one standard, one development guide for everyone. (should
have specification of interface planing/create and programming)

Result:
- openoffice.org - in native language direct
- openoffice.org - easy to use one support (language automatic)
- openoffice.org - have only required and optional files in source code
repository
- openoffice.org - have easy to contribute web interface (for example
for translating [web, help, etc.])
- openoffice.org - easy to programmers contribution,
- openoffice.org - is best than MS Office in all releases!

2. In future:
- every day we have new developers
- every day we have more optimized algorithms
- every day we have best closed standards reverse engineering
- every day we have more happy users
- every day we win in all categories with our competition!

We can do it together! How You think?

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz alias Mellonedain