incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RA Stehmann <anw...@rechtsanwalt-stehmann.de>
Subject Re: So what about QA?
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:42:50 GMT
Rob Weir schrieb:
> We've had a lot of discussions from the dev, documentation, education,
> translation/localization perspectives.  But I haven't really heard
> anything about testing.
>
> Could someone brief us on how QA was handled with OOo?  Was it a
> community effort?  Or was it done by Sun/Oracle? Was there any test
> automation?  Or was it manual?  Are there test documents available?
> Are there unit/pre-integration tests?  Or are they mainly tests of the
> integrated product?
>
> And given what was done before, what worked well and should be done
> the same way in Apache?  And what didn't work so well and should be
> changed?

As I'm married with the Person, which is in authority for the QA in the
germanophone community, I want to give my 2 cents.

QA was done by SUN/Oracle and the community.

The development collateral QA was mostly done by employees of
SUN/Oracle, but in some cases also members of the community test so
called cws-builds.

Testing of the milestones, betas and release canditates was done by die
natural language communities. We have some tools for doing and
organizing the testing esp. scripts for automatic tests.

Mechtilde as the Ansprechpartner (contact person) QA of the germanophone
community decides finally what germanophone versions (Win, Solaris, deb,
rpm etc.) will be released, But their was no controversy about that in
the past.

The general decision whether a milestone is good enough to be released
as beta or final version was found in the release status meeting. In
this IRC-meetings was a great effort to find a consensus.

Regards
Michael