incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Hollmichel <martin.hollmic...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: OOo source licenses (was: Subversion history)
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 10:22:11 GMT
On 06/20/2011 11:05 AM, Mathias Bauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I moved this and some other lists to the OpenOffice.org wiki:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/ApacheMigration
>
> From this page two links point to lists with files that seem to be
> compatible with ASL and with files than seem to be incompatible with
> ASL at first sight. On the page itself there is a list of files that I
> couldn't judge at all, I will follow up here later. There is also a
> list for all external source tarballs that are used when building OOo.
> Some of them are optional and already have "configure" switches. They
> have different licenses. As I understood, we don't need to remove code
> that uses external libraries under LGPL if such switches exist and the
> product still runs without using these parts.
>
> This is a very ugly and very provisorial page - I would like to move
> that into the Apache Wiki, but I don't have a good idea where. So far
> I can see only the single OpenOfficeProposal page and it looks already
> too long.

I also started updating
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/External/Modules, I'll add
there the version used, compile-/build-/run- dependency and where used
in the product or build process. I suggest to use the
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/ApacheMigration page only for
the items where we need to take action upon.
> Regards,
> Mathias

Martin

> On 16.06.2011 18:35, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> Should I copy legal-discuss for all questions about licenses of OOo
>> files? I don't want to spoil their list.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mathias
>>
>> On 16.06.2011 16:22, Sam Ruby wrote:
>>> Changing the subject line and copying legal-discuss.
>>>
>>> - Sam Ruby

KIND,