incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Subversion history
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 10:45:40 GMT
Am 06/19/2011 10:45 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
>> For what it's worth, as many have noted, I'm sure, OOo uses for
>> distribution a host—a vast host—of volunteer mirrors. Many include
>> legacy releases already.
>
> And then we should just keep having this. As far as I know,
> http://archive.services.openoffice.org/
> dynamically points to at least three (non-Oracle) mirrors, one of which
> in Italy, and PLIO maintains its own private archive with legacy Italian
> versions that are not part of the international archive, e.g., OOo 1.x
> Italian.

Yes, it's forwarding download requests via roundrobin to 1 of 3 mirrors
that are distributing old release bits. It's GARR Network (Italy), GWDG
(Germany) and Technical University Braunschweig (Germany).

When Oracle will shutdown the main server for distributing release
files, then also the mirrors will delete them (except GWDG which I've
asked to host the files longer).

So, we have to rebuild a little mirror system if we want this structure
back. But maybe it's enough to have all older builds on a single
(non-Apache) server?

Marcus