incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Lange <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: "Some of our contributors" page
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 16:24:53 GMT
Am 06/18/2011 05:02 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> As was noted, we now have a basic web site set up for the project:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/
>
> I'd like to draw attention to the "Some of our contributors" page in
> particular:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/people.html
>
>  From what I can tell, the intent of this page is to acknowledge contributors
> to the project.  And my sense was that this meant more than just committers.
>
> I added my own name, based on my contribution to getting the initial web
> site started.  But I think this is probably worth having a discussion on,
> especially since others, whose name has not been added, have also made
> recent contributions.
>
> Question: How should this page be managed?  Is there an Apache requirement
> for how this is handled?  Or does each project set its own rules?  If the
> later, what rules do we want?  Do we want this to be comprehensive? Or
> highlight only the "top contributors", by some definition.

If only specific people, I doubt that we can find a rule that really all
would agreed to.

> Personally, I'd favor acknowledging many, rather than few.

ACK, who is recognized as contributor/committer/member should be allowed
to add her/his name. Or ask to add if they cannot do it themselves.

In the "old" project we had a long list of people that have helped the
project and product:
http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html

Maybe we can agree to some categories to avoid having just a long list.

My 2 ct

Marcus