incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Reizinger Zoltán <zreizin...@hdsnet.hu>
Subject Re: User facing web items
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 15:27:24 GMT
Hi Ross,

2011.06.18. 16:56 keltezéssel, Ross Gardler írta:
> On 18 Jun 2011, at 15:31, Andy Brown<andy@the-martin-byrd.net>  wrote:
>
>> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>> If (and that's a big if) infra are willing to host software for you the license
is not an issue. We won't distribute incompatibly licensed software it but we use it. The
rules are to make sure users can do what ever they want with our software, when it comes to
support for developers you'll find the ASF to be very pragmatic.

>>> Ross
>> Hi Ross,
>>
>> This is not about support for developers it is for users.
> The developers/contributors support users.
In OOo forum case no developers answered any questions on users forums,
so low number of developers can not do this.
The developers answered usually on users mailing list.
The volunteers, moderators on forums mostly power users of OOo, with no
developer background.

Some volunteers, as I, worked in OOo projects as QA volunteers after
some time if he has a will.
I not provided any code to OOo, in Base QA I was the first reviewer of
submitted bugs, looked around in bugzilla for similar problems, or
earlier fixed bugs, tested problems in available environment. My work
helped OOo Base developers to work only on "real" bugs.
If I found problems during answering to questions on forum, and it
proved, sometimes submitted bugs in bugzilla.

Zoltan
> The point still stands. The ASF will consider hosting software under any licence for
it's projects. The limitation is resources not license.