incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Lange <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Subversion history
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 15:40:37 GMT
Am 06/17/2011 01:40 PM, schrieb Marcus Lange:

>>> But would ASF be able to distribute such binary releases (and the
>>> corresponding sources) that include non-Oracle LGPL bits?
>>
>> Probably not, but in more recent years, we've been talking about how
>> to distribute non-ALv2 from ASF hardware. Essentially along the lines
>> of, "this is not ASF software; we are providing it here as a
>> convenience." We just don't want to mislead people to think they are
>> Apache releases or Apache-licensed.
>>
>> Identifying the archival releases that need to be saved is important,
>> regardless. Maybe the TDF could distribute those, or maybe OSU/OSL or
>> one of our mirror providers. I've got to believe that a volunteer
>> provider would be willing to hold the archives.
>
> thanks for the hint with the mirrors. Let me try something.

I've asked the FTP master of the GWDG mirror server (one of the big and
famous one in Germany) if it would be possible to save all files that
are currently on their mirror server (current but also older releases,
total size = ~380 GB).

I'm speaking of *all* files in the subdirs, starting from here:
http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/openoffice/

He told me that he will create a separate hidden space to keep all of them.

So, one task less on the todo list. :-)

Marcus