incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Lange <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: OOo User Registrations and Improvement Program
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 14:52:37 GMT
Am 06/17/2011 04:39 PM, schrieb Andy Brown:
> Dave Fisher wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I was curious about both the OpenOffice.org User Registration and the
>> Oracle Improvement Program. Is this something that Oracle is willing
>> to share? If only snapshots.
>>
>> (1) At some point we'll need to ask Oracle to redirect registrations.
>>
>> (2) Is there any interest in seeing if Oracle would provide some type
>> of anonymized snapshot of the registration database? After all that is
>> probably the best way to measure the community.
>>
>> (3) Snapshots of the Oracle Improvement Data could be helpful. Is
>> there an opinion?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>
> I agree that this would be very helpful to us.

One addition:
The collcted is already anonymous and contains no personal data. See here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User_Experience/OpenOffice.org_User_Feedback_Program

Besides this I also think it could be helpful. But I also know (roughly)
the amount of data. One table row per record and there were millions of
them.

Marcus