incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jens-Heiner Rechtien <jhrecht...@web.de>
Subject Re: Bugzilla or JIRA? (was: Speaking of JIRA, Where's Ours?)
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 14:25:12 GMT
Hi Christian,

On 06/17/2011 03:57 PM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> Hi Daniel, *,
>
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Daniel Shahaf<d.s@daniel.shahaf.name>  wrote:
>> Christian Lohmaier wrote on Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 13:43:04 +0200:
>>>
>> For jira the Infra team uses an IRC bot that interfaces with jira (and
>> can notify on issue changes, add comments to issues, close them, etc)
>> --- so you can be pretty sure that jira's API will remain working and
>> continuously tested.
>
> Yes, I was aware that jira is capable/having both soap and xml-rpc
> interaces, I was just worried that it might not be enabled by policy
> or something like that :-) Great to hear that it is used - and if
> apache already has an bot for issues, then of course there is no need
> for IZBot to deal with those
>
>> I'd be interested to know if bugzilla/* have comparable features...
>
> It has, and that it doesn't work on openoffice.org is due to the lack
> of interest of the kenai/OOo admins to fix the setup, not because
> bugzilla wasn't capable of it.
> Bugzilla itsellf supports xmlrpc, and that support is not going to vanish.
>
> I reported the broken xml-rpc interface when OOo did migrate from CEE
> (CollabNet Enterpriese Edition, formerly known as SourceCast) to
> Kenai, but there apparenlty was no interest in fixing it.

It's a completely moot point now, but give them the benefit of doubt.
They were stressed enough to get the migration running at that time, I'm
pretty sure they would have fixed this later. And I guess you'll
understand that making it even easier for the TDF to leach bug reports
from OOo wasn't at the very top of their priorities given that there was
plenty enough important stuff that needed be fixed. But as I said, all
this is completely moot now.

> See http://kenai.com/projects/ooo-migration/lists/discuss/archive/2011-03/message/14

Heiner

--